~ PTSA's Monthly CONTEST ~
February Contest ~ Black History Month Trivia Contest
Deadline to submit entries is Feb 28th
Prize: Your choice of Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or Chipotle Gift Card!
1. Who was one of the most important writers of the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s?
2. Who, in 1870, became the first African-American US senator for Mississippi?
3. For what movie’s theme song did Common and John Legend win an Oscar?
4. George Washington commended what Black American woman for her literary achievements?
5. What year was the first African-American US Secretary of Defense appointed?
6. Who invented the 3 way traffic light?
7. What is Mae Carol Jemison famous for?
8. What famous singer played guitar for Little Richard before starting his solo career?
9. Where did the “sit-in” movement begin?
10. Founded in 1942, what did CORE help launch?
February Contest Rules: No membership required. Only members of the LRHS community, including students, LRHS families, faculty, and staff may submit entries. To enter, email us, comment on the LRHS PTSA’s Feb contest posts on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter or direct message us at least 1 correct answer. Entries must be made by Feb 28, 2020, 11:59 pm. Only one entry per person. By submitting an entry, you grant consent to publish your name in LRHS PTSA promotional materials (digital and print), including first name, last initial and grade for student entrants. Contest winner will be determined by closest guess or in the event of a tie, will be selected at random. Prizes may or may not include all items or exact items shown in promotions.
Winners & Past Contests
December 2020 Contest ~ the LRHS PTSA Social Media Follower Contest
And the December Contest winner is.....
Charles M., Class of 2023
Congrats Charles!!! Enjoy your Dunkin Donuts gift card & snacks!
November 2020 Contest ~ Where in the world is the PTSA Pirate?
And the November Contest winner is.....
Faith G., Class of 2023
1. LRTA front entrance; 2. pine tree in front of LRHS; 3. steps leading to LRHS track; 4. Loch Raven Reservoir; 5. Loch Raven Dam; 6. steps in front of PGMS; 7. front of PGMS; 8. PTSA Halloween party at Long Green Volunteer Fire Co.; 9. Announcers booth at LRHS track; 10. Front of RMS; 11. bridge over stream at LRHS’ sport fields; 12. on top of brick LRHS sign in front of LRHS
October 2020 Contests
October guess the candy corn contest winner is...
…Lindsay H., Class of 2022!!!
Congrats Lindsay! Enjoy your prizes!
Lindsay won with a guess of 560. There were 688 candy corn in the jar.
October Name the PTSA Pirate Contest Winner Is...
…Mrs. Jessica Miller!!!
Mrs. Miller’s entry of RUSTY THE RAIDER won the most votes at the Nov PTSA meeting. Congrats and enjoy your Starbucks prizes!